Sunday, March 4, 2012

Old World Netted Cuff

This is one is for the record books! I think it has taken me five years to complete the finished product. How about a big cheer...one more UFO finished. Hey, it's a great accomplishment for such an ADD beader such as myself....oooh, look another shiny object over there!!!! I'm a crow for sure!
Well, the good news...These beautiful Oval Swarovki Crystals, #4127, are very popular right now.
Alot of bling for your wrist! The capture for this stone, in Fuchsia, is a little unique, first a right angle bezel , then an added peyote row...Next add a bit of Bicone crystal trim and a few picots edges with some very tiny 15/0'one cuts...which are tinier than the Japanese 15's...Of course, the seedbeads are hard to come by, vintage true cuts (somewhere between an 11 and 10) which I purchased at Monica's Quilt and Bead Creations about 7 years ago... I have a collection of some colors, it was easier to find them 5 - 10 years ago.
I'm most proud of the connection of bezel to netting...the focal piece is not just set on top of the bracelet...it's all built as one piece! really..how can that be???? well, stay tuned, secrets to be revealed in due time. Classes, of course, are the easiest way to get inside my head...HA-HA!
Oooh, wouldn't this be a pretty ring!!!! and a BIG one, Too! Hey, we'll see about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment